Kenneth D. Lawrence
|Title:||Professor of Management Science Business Analytics|
|Hours:||Monday 4-5:30PM or by appointment|
|Dept:||Tuchman School of Management|
Academic Interests: management science, business analytics, time series forecasting, econometric forecasting, data mining, data envelopment analysis, multi-criteria decision making, supply chain modeling
Dr. Lawrence’s professional employment includes over 20 years of technical management experience with AT&T as Director, Decision Support Systems and Marketing Demand Analysis, Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc., Prudential Insurance, and the U. S. Army in forecasting, marketing planning and research, statistical analysis and operations research. Dr. Lawrence is a full member of the Graduate Doctoral Faculty of Management at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey in the Department of Management Science and Information Systems and a Research Fellow in the Center for Supply Chain Management in the Rutgers Business School.
Dr. Lawrence’s research is in the areas of Management Science, Business Analytics, Time Series Forecasting, Econometric Forecasting, Data Mining, Data Envelopment Analysis, Multi-Criteria Decision Making, and Supply Chain Modeling.He is a full member of the Graduate Doctoral Faculty of Management at Rutgers. Dr. Lawrence’s research work has been cited in 267 journals, including: Computers and Operations Research, International Journal of Forecasting, Journal of Marketing, Sloan Management Review, Management Science, and Technometrics. He has 360 publications, and his articles have appeared in 28 journals including: European Journal of Operational Research, Computers and Operations Research, Operational Research Quarterly, International Journal of Forecasting and Technometrics. He is the lead author in the text Fundamentals of Forecasting Using Excel, published by the Industrial Press in 2009. He has published 44 books with 17 separate publishers.
• University of Delaware, B. S., 1969
• West Virginia University, M. S., 1970
• Pennsylvania State University, M. B. A., 1972
• Rutgers University, M. S., 1974
• Rutgers University, Ed. D., 1979
• Rochester Institute of Technology, M. S., 1979
• Manhattan College, M. B. A., 1983
Honors & Awards
• MGMT 630, Decision Analysis
• MGMT 635, Data Mining and Analysis for Managers
• MGMT 660, Managing Supply and Value Chains
• MIS 648, Decision Support Systems for Managers
• MIS 680, Managerial Science
• MRKT 631, Marketing Research
• MRKT 753, Marketing Science
• OM 375, Management Science
- Management Science
- Business Analytics
- Time Series Forecasting
- Econometric Forecasting
- Data Mining
- Data Envelopment Analysis
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making
- Supply Chain Modeling
• Rutgers Supply Chain Center
• Member of Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
• Member of American Statistical Society (ASA)
• Member of the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
• Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
• Member of the American Marketing Association (AMA)
• Member of the Production Operations Management Society (POMS) Member of the American Finance Association
Publications & Projects
• Editor of Advances in Mathematical Programming and Financial Planning (Jai Press). Jai Press, Volumes 1 – Volume 6; 1993 – 2001, Series ISBN 0-7623-0832-X; includes publication by Nobel Laureate William Sharpe
• Associate Editor of the International Journal of Strategic Decision Analysis (IGI Global).ISSN 1947 -8569, IGI Global, 2008 – 2017.
• Associate Editor of the Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting (Springer Verlag). Springer, ISSN 0924-9654, 1992 – 2017.
• Associate Editor of the Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation (Taylor and Francis). Taylor and Francis, ISSN 0094-9655, 1992 – 2014.
• Editor of Advances in Business and Management Forecasting (Emerald Press). Emerald Press, Volume 1 – Volume 12; Volume (underway), Series ISSN 1477-4070, 2004 - 2017. Ranked in Scopus, Web of Science and Cabell’s.
• Editor of Applications of Management Science (Emerald Press). Emerald Press, Volume 6 – 17; Volume 18; Series ISSN 0276-8976, 1997 – 2017. Ranked in Scopus, Web of Science and Cabell’s.
• Editor of Contemporary Perspectives in Data Mining (Information Age Publishing).Information Age Publishing, Volume 1, 2013; Volume 2, 2015, Volume 3, 2017. Series ISBN 978-1-68123-087-0 , 2013-2017, ranked in Web of Science.