Diana Walsh, a Senior University Lecturer at NJIT’s School of Management and Attorney-at-Law of the State of New Jersey, is teaching law related courses based on her doctoral degree in Justice and hands-on experience in contractual and regulatory compliance matters, human resource issues, computer/internet law and commercial and business law issues, and external research with faculty members at NJIT on legal and ethical issues. She is responsible to resolve numerous cases each year with the law firm of Murphy McKeon, P.C. However, her primary focus is on her academic career as evidenced by being nominated to receive the NJIT Excellence in Teaching Award at least four times.
• Mediation Certificate, Seton Hall University School of Law,1996 • Juris Doctoris(JD), Seton Hall University School of Law,1989 • Member of the New Jersey Bar and of the United States District Court of New Jersey since 1989 • M.A. in Social Sciences/Sociology, William Paterson University,1987
• MGMT 688- Information Technology and the Law • MGMT 691 - Legal & Ethical Issues • EM 634 - Legal, Ethical, and Intellectual Property Issues • MGMT 290 - Legal Environment of Business • Executive Seminar• Legal Research Resources
• Commercial and business law • employment law, • environmental law, • computer and internet law, • and real estate transactions.• Mediation/Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Publications & Projects
Walsh, D. & Parisi, J.M., Passerini, K. Can we have Privacy and Efficiency with the Rapid Growth of the internet and Digital Information? Proceeding of the 2014 Networking and Electronic Commerce Conference (NAEC), Trieste, Italy, August 21-24, 2014.
• Walsh, D. & Spillers, W., “Engineering Ethics: Legal and Technical”, accepted for presentation at the Nineteenth Annual Meeting, Association for Practical and Professional Ethics, March 4-7, Cincinnati (2010).• Grant Proposal /NSF: Re-submit a proposed course with Professor William Spillers for the National Science Foundation titled “An Ethics Course for Scientists and Engineers Using Content Analysis” (2010).
• Walsh, D. & Passerini, K., “Safeguarding Patient Privacy in Electronic Healthcare in the USA: The Legal View”, scheduled for publication in a forthcoming issue of the International Journal of Electronic Healthcare, Inderscience Publishers (2009).• Passerini, K. & Walsh, D., “E-Learning with Network: The Importance of ‘Always On’ Connectivity”, scheduled for publication in a forthcoming issue of International Journal of Virtual Communities and Social Networking,(IJVCSN), IGI Publishing, Vol. 1, No. 1, January-March, (2009).
• Submitted two Peer-Review journals for ITAIS 2009 Conference titled “ A Decision-Support System for Sharing Judicial Knowledge” and “ How Can effective Communication Facilitate Information Retrieval in Creative Organizations?”• Walsh, D. & Passerini, K., “Legal Issues in the Transition to Electronic Records in Health Care”, December 13 & 14, 2008, itAIS, Conference in Paris, scheduled for publication as a book chapter in a book printed by Springer that will appear in around March/April 2009 with the following title: Information Systems: People, Organizations, Institutions, and Technologies (A. D´Atri and D. Saccà Eds., ISBN: 978-3-7908-2147-5).